Do Spinal Adjustments Really Reduce Neck Pain?
On average, nearly 40% of Americans experience some level of neck pain.
If you’re one of them, finding a solution to your pain is a high priority. After all, the pain, stiffness, headaches, and shoulder aches associated with neck pain can make it difficult to accomplish even the simplest of daily activities.
Thankfully, your Citrus Ridge chiropractor has a solution.
Find Out What’s Causing Your Neck Pain
Before implementing any sort of treatment plan, your Citrus Ridge chiropractor will first do a comprehensive examination because he wants to treat the actual cause of your pain.
Some common causes of neck pain include:
- Lifestyle – texting, looking down at an iPad, book, or laptop for hours at a time
- Work – sitting at a desk with a poor ergonomic setup
- Herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Cervical foraminal stenosis – narrowing of the space where your nerves exit the vertebrae (can be caused by bone spurs or herniated discs)
Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment Options
In 2018, researchers collected data from over 6,300 patients with neck pain who received chiropractic care. Of those polled, over 90% said they were highly satisfied with the results of their treatment. Additionally, due to the effectiveness of their chiropractic care, few of those patients needed to use narcotic pain killers. The main goal of participants was not just to reduce their pain but to avoid surgery.
You, too, can experience relief when you visit a Citrus Ridge chiropractor for neck pain treatment. Your treatment plan can include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Spinal realignment can ease muscle strain, reduce nerve compression, and relieve tendon and ligament tension.
- Physiotherapy: Stretches and strengthening exercises can reduce stiffness and muscle pain while increasing range of motion.
- Lifestyle Changes: More exercise, more frequent stretching and breaks from sitting/looking down at electronic devices, and better ergonomics can help immensely.
Your Citrus Ridge Chiropractor Can Ease Your Pain Fast
If you are struggling with neck pain, you should see your Citrus Ridge chiropractor, Dr. Adrian M. Williams, right away. Neck pain can limit your ability to live an active lifestyle, which can impact your overall health.
Utilizing his chiropractic and physiotherapy training, Dr. Williams will help reduce your neck pain and tension. With reduced pain, you can get back to living your life to the fullest!
Tired of struggling through your day with neck pain and headaches? Call us at 352-536-1300 to discuss which neck pain treatment options can ease your pain.